Three bean medley with Italian Chicken Sausage Submitted by Rachel Mischler
Prep Time: 20-25 minutes
Serving Size: 12 oz. (1 ½ cups)
Servings per Recipe: 8-10
- 2 cans (~15 oz) Fava beans
- 2 cans (~15 oz) Cannellini beans
- 1 can (~15 oz) Butter beans
- 5 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 32 oz chicken broth (regular or low sodium
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 12 oz. Wegmans mild Italian chicken sausage
- ½ cup basil, chopped
- Place chicken sausage on a cast-iron skillet, sear on all sides for 3 minutes. Finish in oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- Chop garlic and sauté in olive oil for one minute.
- Add diced tomatoes. Sauté for two minutes.
- Add chicken stock and beans. Bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add baby spinach. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with fresh chopped basil and sliced chicken sausage.
- Use Beyond Sausage and vegetable broth for a vegetarian meal, equally delicious!
- Mix up your beans. We were seeking an Italian flair for this recipe; however, open it up to other combinations (e.g., kidney, garbanzo, and black beans, etc.)
- Use low-sodium chicken broth to reduce sodium.
- Not required; however, drizzling some extra virgin olive oil and shredded parmesan takes enhances the flavors of this wonderful dish!
Nutrition Analysis, per serving:
Based on 10 servings; not including finishes
- 270 calories
- 40 g carbohydrate
- 10.7 g fiber
- 5.3 g sugars
- 20.6 g protein
- 5.5 g fats
- 1 g saturated fat