Little Bite Fudgy Black Bean Brownie Submitted by Elizabeth Traison
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Serving Size: 2
Servings per Recipe: 12
- ¼ cup avocado
- ½ cup chocolate chips, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can (~15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- Rainbow sprinkles, optional, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line or spray a 24-cup mini-muffin tin.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips in 15 second intervals. Mix between heating until smooth.
- In the bowl of the food processor, combine avocado and melted chocolate chips until combined. Add in remaining ingredients except flour, and mix until well combined.
- Pulse in flour until just barely absorbed.
- Fill muffin tin with approximately 1 Tbsp in each cup. Top with sprinkles if desired. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool before eating.
Note: These will last in an airtight container in fridge or room temperature for 1 week. Can be stored in a freezer bag for 3 months, and microwaved for 30 seconds to reheat.
*Can substitute honey
Nutrition Information, per serving:
Does not include sprinkles
- 91 calories
- 15 g carbohydrate
- 1.4 g fiber
- 9 g sugars
- 1.7 g protein
- 2.9 g fats
- 1.7 g saturated fat