Champion Salad Submitted by Kim Beavers
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 1 cup
Servings per Recipe: 8
- 3 cucumbers, diced small (If using English cucumbers use about 1 1/2)
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced (1/4 inch cubes)
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 can (~15 oz) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 large lemon (~ 3 Tbsp)
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Add cucumbers through parsley to a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over salad ingredients and mix. Best when prepared a day ahead of time.
Yield: 8 Servings (serving size: 1 cup)
Nutrition Breakdown: Calories 120, Fat 3g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 300mg, Carbohydrate 18g, Fiber 4g, Protein 6g.
Analysis, per serving:
- 101 calories
- 17.6 g carbohydrate
- 3.5 g fiber
- 3.8 g sugars
- 3.7 g protein
- 2.5 g fats