Mini Mediterranean Fava Bean Bites
Prep: 25 minutes
Serving Size: 1 bite
Servings per Recipe: 12-15 bites
(use standard U.S. measurements)
- 1 pack of chilled wonton wrappers
- 2 cans of Fava beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 3/4 cup tomato, finely diced
- 1/2 cup Persian cucumber, finely diced
- 1/2 cup parsley, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Ready Prepared Tahini sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Finely dice the tomato, cucumber, red onion, and minced parsley. Keep them to the side, separated.
- Gently place wonton strips in muffin tray (you can also use silicone baking cups) and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 6-8 min to lightly crisp.
- Drain the Fava beans from the can and place in a large plate, leaving behind ~1/4 cup of the water from one of the cans to keep the beans moist. Mash the Fava beans well with a fork, leaving some pieces whole.
- Add the Fava beans to a hot non stick pan and cook for 5 minutes. Add all the seasoning (salt, pepper, cumin) and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of tomato and 1/4 cup each of cucumber and red onion to the pan. Mix well and continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
- You may taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Turn off the heat and add the lemon juice and 1/4 cup parsley. Mix well.
- Spoon 2 tbsp of the Fava bean mixture into each lightly baked wonton strip and top with remainder of tomato, cucumber, onion, and parsley. Drizzle with prepared tahini sauce and serve.