Dirty Rice ‘N Beans
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 can (~16 oz) Kidney Beans, any variety
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onion, pepper, celery, garlic and spices. Cook 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in beans and stock. Stir in rice; cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in green onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.