Brownie Truffle Bites
Prep: 60 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
- ¼ cup water
- 1 can (~15 oz) Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 box (15.25 oz) brownie mix
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup applesauce, classic
- 1/2 can (8 oz) dark chocolate frosting
- 1 pkg (12 oz) dark or white chocolate
- candy making and dipping wafers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 13” x 9” inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place water and beans in blender and puree.
- Blend brownie mix, eggs, applesauce and bean puree in large bowl at low speed until all ingredients are moistened.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool brownies completely.
- Crumble prepared brownies into large bowl. Add ½ can of frosting and mix thoroughly.
- Roll mixture into 1”-sized balls by hand. If mixture is too sticky, chill brownie mixture 30-45 minutes in refrigerator. Place on wax paper-lined baking sheet and set aside.
- Next, melt dark or white chocolate candy making and dipping wafers in microwave. Place wafers in microwave-safe container. With microwave at half power or on defrost setting, microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and stir thoroughly (product keeps its original shape until stirred). If wafers are not completely melted, continue to microwave at 15-second intervals, stirring in between intervals until chocolate is smooth. Be careful to not overheat wafers as they will burn.
- Using small spoon, dip brownie balls into melted chocolate. Spoon chocolate over brownie balls until they are fully coated. Place brownie bites on wax paper to set.
- If you wish to decorate your brownie bites, sprinkle with decorative sprinkles before coating is set, or after coating is set, heat up leftover chocolate and drizzle over each brownie bite.
Nutrition Information (per truffle serving)
- Calories 97
- Total Fat 4g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Carbohydrate 12g
- Sugars 10g
- Protein 2g
- Calcium 40mg (3%)
- Potassium 480mg (10%)