Black Bean Taquitos Submitted by Amy Margulies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 2 taquitos
Servings per Recipe: 3
- 1 can (~15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 4 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp Cotija cheese (or reduced fat Monterey Jack)
- 6-4 ½ inch corn tortillas
- Suggested garnish: salsa, avocado slices, fresh lime slices, nonfat Greek yogurt
- Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees.
- Spray a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Add prepared beans and chili powder. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and continue to cook, stirring constantly, for 1 more minute.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro and ¼ cup Cotija (or substitute) cheese.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, add approximately 2 tablespoons of bean mixture down the center. Gently roll into a tight cylinder shape.
- Place rolled taquitos on nonstick foil and place in air fryer basket. Spray taquitos with cooking spray.
- Air fry for 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Place on serving platter or individual plates. Top with cilantro, cheese and suggested garnishes (salsa, avocado slices, fresh lime slices, dollop of nonfat plain Greek yogurt).
Nutrition Information, per serving:
(Does not include toppings or garnishes)
- 353 calories
- 24.5 g carbohydrate
- 4.8 g fiber
- 1.3 g sugars
- 20.6 g protein
- 20 g fat
- 11.7 g saturated fat