Bean and Bulgar Salad Submitted by Stephanie Price
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: ½ cup
Servings per Recipe: 10
- 2/3 cup bulgar
- 2 cups of water
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided into 2 Tablespoons and 1 Tablespoon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (~15 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup roasted red pepper
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped (approximately 1 cup)
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salad greens (optional for plating)
- In a medium saucepan bring 2 cups of water to a boil and add bulgar. Cover pan and simmer for 12 minutes or until bulgar is soft. When bulgar is cooked drain if needed and put it on a dinner plate to cool.
- In a small ramekin put the 1 Tbsp of oil and the garlic. Microwave for 30 seconds to cook the garlic briefly.
- In a large bowl put the beans, the red pepper, the olives, the chopped parsley and the zucchini
- When the bulgar and garlic are both cooled down add them to the bowl with the other ingredients and add the lemon juice and the remaining 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Put cleaned salad greens on a platter and pile the salad on top.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper and serve. Serve.
Nutrition Information, per serving:
Does not include salad greens
- 88 calories
- 9.7 g carbohydrate
- 2.6 g fiber
- 1.3 g sugars
- 2.6 g protein
- 4.8 g fats